- Glencairn is 140 miles from Dublin by car (journey time three hours).
- Take the M7/M8 road to Cork
- Exit at Fermoy and follow the R639 to town centre
- Crossing the bridge, take a left onto the N72 signposted for Waterford
- Follow the N72 for 18kms
- At the junction for Tallow, turn left up a steep hill.
- At the top of this hill, take the second left turn with a signpost for Glencairn.
- The entrance to St Mary’s Abbey, Glencairn is at the junction at the end of this road.
- Glencairn is 36 miles from Cork by car (journey time one hour)
- Take the M8 for Dublin
- Exit at Watergrasshill
- Take the R639
- Turn off for Tallow (R268) via Conna
- At Tallow, turn left at main junction in the village, cross the bridge (passing Brideview Bar on right) and continue on up the steep hill
- At the top take second left turn with the signpost for Glencairn
- The entrance to St Mary’s Abbey is at the junction at the end of this road.
- Take Bus Eireann X8 Dublin-Cork Bus
- Get off at the town of Fermoy. Bus stop: ‘Bella Café’
- Fermoy is 25 minutes away from the monastery